Gina Angela Mason

Gina Angela Mason
My Soulmate

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Riverside Medical Center

01/10/2010: Gina's progress and condition

December 2009

  • On December 17, 2009 Gina was admitted to ER for pneumonia and had about a week in hospital with antibiotics. She was allowed to go home before Christmas with IV in her port pumping in antibiotics.
  • The Home HealthCare staff have been excellent in easing our minds and answering the many, many questions we have. I was shown how to change her antibiotics through her IV and flush her port. After about a week of ported IV antibiotics, Gina was allowed to go on oral antibiotics and no more pumping through her port. (Yay!)
  • Unfortunately, as a result of the antibiotics that Gina is taking, she had to be taken off ALL chemotherapy (Avastin IV and oral Tykerb).

Updates for January 2010.

  • Oh where to start? Let's see, on Thursday, January 7, 2010, I had to call 911 as Gina was in a lot of pain, hallucinating and falling a lot, and getting very little sleep.
  • Just quick note, Gina has been pretty much bed-ridden and needs assistance getting around. Thanks God for recliners as we got rid of our couch and got two new recliners. We figured with help of nurses that all the laying around Gina does in bed is not good for her. So, we decided to lose the couch, get the recliners and Gina could at least sit up, even if reclining, and be with the family. Worked pretty good as it gives her piece of mind being out of room with other family members and sitting upright.
  • I've been helping her to eat, giving meds, trying to take care of her as best I could. it never seems like I can do enough to make her comfortable so I spoke to nurses and had to call 911 and have her admitted to Riverside in hopes of managing her pain, making her feel comfortable and figuring out whats wrong.
  • Well Gina's been in Riverside for three days now and she had to get moved to Intensive Care Unit last night (Saturday). They have been trying to get her pain under control since she has been crying and moaning for last three days here; even though, shes been heavily sedated.
  • I cannot stand to see her suffer so I asked they do what they can to give her some comfort. After speaking to all the family members, it was decided to let her go to ICU. Since last night, it has been a long night, around 1230am - 100am, she was still in pain and fighting the meds. Gina finally, finally got some rest and peace and quiet as is sleeping as we speak.
  • I wanted to take a moment to mention a very special angel in our lives right now and her name is Dr. Macdonald. I know in my heart she is doing all she can to ease Gina's pain and make her as comfortable as possible. Thanks to her and all the staff here at Riverside.

At this time, I ask that all friends, family members and loved ones hold off on calling or stopping by Riverside as I just pray she gets some rest and relaxation. the doctor said it looks like we are at the end of our journey and I need to come to terms with all of this. It is true what they say when you finally find someone you love more than life itself, it is impossible to let go just like that. Gina is, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, the love of my life and my eternal soulmate.

I thank all of you for the years of support, caring and unmeasurable love you have shown my wife. Keep praying for a miracle as it is all I am told I have left. The kids still have to be told, except for Jesse so please let me be the one. We are all praying for one last miracle and I cannot accept this all right now. still trying to figure it all out and make sense of it all.

Will keep you all posted. --- love, Bob & Family

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you all sooo much love and praying for all of your comfort.

Jody, Dave, Riley and Cami Andriano

Maureen said...

you are all in are prayers daily,please do not hesitate to call I am just a phone call away for anything that I can help with.

love, maureen, bill, brett and brittany

Anonymous said...

sending all my love and prayers to you all... if you need help with anything please call...
love you all
deanna eddie bailey~ed kiley and joley

Anonymous said...

Gina is OUR ANGEL! Thank you for taking such good care of her! Prayers, Love, Hugs, & Kisses to ALL of your family.

Becky Farnham & Joe Pitts

Dusty said...

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!! Bob, whatever you need me to do, I am right around the corner. Tell the kids the same, been praying for a miracle!!

Dusty, Paytyn, Kenny Jo, Evan

Anonymous said...

Dr. McDonald is an angel Bob. I dealt with her alot while I was working at Riverside. She is a wonderful doctor and person. I am praying everyday for gina and for you and the rest of your family.

Tricia Waller

Retta said...

Dear Bobby,
Our whole family is prying for Gina.
Tank you for thinking of all of us by updating at such a difficult time. You have taken Wonderful care of "our" Gina Bless you!

(((HUG))
Please tell Gina I love her.
Retta

Nals102 said...

Bobby:
I didn't know Gina had gotten to this point yet. I'm so sorry. I love her so much and wish I could see her but will respect your wishes. You have been a WONDERFUL soul mate to her and I know how much she loves you too. She always told me that. I will pray that God will give you and the kids peace and strength to get through this. Please call me if you need anything at all. Please tell her Cathy loves her ok? Thanks. Thanks for keeping us all updated with all you're going through also.
Cathy Prusinski

Denise said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Denise and Ron Whittington

Anonymous said...

The staff of Child Network and CASA is praying for you and your family during this difficult time. Our thoughts will continue to be with you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for a miracle... Gina was always there for me during my hard times and i would do anything for you guys. Dont hesitate to call day or night if you can think of anything we can do to help you or the kids during this diffult time. Love you all so much.
~Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Bob, we are praying for a miracle for you and your family. We ask Him to give you and your family strenghth during this diffucult time. Gina is a strong and wonderful women and we are praying for all of you.

Marjie, Justin, Lizzie and Madelyn Reardanz

Anonymous said...

Your friends in the Student Affairs Office are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Gina and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

The Montgomery Family

Dawn said...

Can be there in a heart beat! Never hesitate to reach out. Much love and prayers. Dawn and Erik.

Anonymous said...

Bob,
You and Gina and the family are in our thoughts and prayers. You are all wonderful people and we are blessed to have people like you around.
Karen, Christy, Dave and Carol Cooper

Anonymous said...

Bobby, If there is anything at all we can do let us know!!!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers always!

Tim, Donna, Tiffany, Brandon and Anna Jones

Anonymous said...

....always in our prayers.

The Crowley Family

The Betourne's said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers! If you need anything just give us a call..We love you guys so much..Sending hugs your way too.
Love, Georgette~Kevin~Brody~Kody~Kyle

Anonymous said...

Gina is a fighter and I am praying for a miracle and for you and the kids.

Mike hanson

Ron said...

...we know when this earthly tent is taken down (when we leave this earthly body), we have...an eternal body made for us by God himself...We grow weary in our present bodies and look forward to put on our heavenly ones like new clothing, for we will not be spirits without bodies. While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, its not that we wish to die...rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life, and God himself has prepared us for this.

(2 Cor. 5:1-5)

I Love You Brother

-ron

Anonymous said...

You are in out thoughts and We are praying for you all.



Melody, Gary, Jacob, Katelynn, and Emily

Anonymous said...

May God give you the strength to get you through this. May Gina continue to rest comfortably without pain. Hold on to your faith and to each other. We will keep on praying for a miracle!!
Thank You for taking the time to
update us. It means so much.
Love, Jean,Clint,Rachel, and Leah

Anonymous said...

Bob and family,
Know that during your pain, that there are thoughts and prayers for you and Gina and family. She and you are in the hearts of many. I pray that God gives you strength during this time. Know that he loves you and we all stand with you in prayer. God Bless!!!!!
Steve Lemner

Anonymous said...

You are all in our prayers.\
Rob, Sarah, ELizabeth and Jackson Soleau

Anonymous said...

To Bob,
I am so sorry this is happening in your lives. May God lay His hand on you and Gina and the kids in this time of crisis. Let me know if you need to talk. I know it's been forever, but please, let me know. Rich Mason

Michelle Goodman said...

My Prayers are with you and your family and friends

kelly said...

Many thoughts and prayers for all of you!
Kelly, Jenna, and Nick