Gina Angela Mason

Gina Angela Mason
My Soulmate

Friday, January 22, 2010

From Riverside Where an Angel is watching over us

Updates for Friday, January 22, 2010

  • Gina had a rough time just two nights ago here, Some type of error led to one of Gina's IV pumps going from a low doseage to almost what appears to be 10x the prescribed amount during an increase in doseage! As usual, Gina fought through it all and with the caring arms of Dr. McDonald, Gina was stabilized again. Looking into it as I know that we do not want it to happen to anyone else. I also know Gina would never let something go unanswered without questioning it and getting a comforting response.
  • I never wanted this to end, certainly not where Gina was still fighting and in pain until her last breaths. I think without Dr. McDonald's blessed hands and warm, compassionate heart, it would be an even harder journey here. Thanks to you Dr. McDonald and for GOD putting you in our path. Also to the staff that goes the extra distance and feels with their hearts not just works through their hands - thanks!
  • Gina's heartrate had been in the 50's to 60's and blood pressure low but not alarming. She is better now and more comfortable again.
  • It seems Gina is getting the basic comforts eventhough she is in a hospital bed - such as, cleaned up, hair washed, clean linens, etcetera. We love the extra special touches that some of the staff has shown to her here - from making sure she lays on her comfortable side, putting her head on her own pillow I brought from home, and making sure her stuffed friend, "George" has been right under her arm. I feel that sometimes it is the little things that make the big things easier to go through.
  • The kids are hanging in there - they have their good and bad moments. As hard as it is for me being a grown man, I can only imagine what they are going through. I keep them talking to me as much as I can and share my shoulder to cry on or lend an ear to hear what they have to say. The whole family has had quite an exhausting and stressful two weeks but I do not think we think about it since we are so busy with the praying and comforting up here in ICU.
I read some of these posts and I never really wanted this site to turn into a "facebook" or "myspace" page as it is a means of communicating with loved ones, family and friends alike. (I do not mean that in a bad way as she has both of those sites as well.) With this in mind, I only ask to not worry about meals being prepared as we are fine and it is so unpredictable with our schedules at this time. I do thank those that have given their time and helped with the gift cards in the past. We take evrything one-day-at-a-time now as it is these moments we live right now that make us who we are. This family has been very supportive and connected and I think Gina can feel that and take comfort and smile knowing this. For all that know Gina, this is how she lived her life - Family was first priority and she instilled that into all she met.

Thanks again all - the words and special stories are being read to Gina as often as I can and I think it helps ease her mind knowing she is so loved and cared for.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Angels are definitely watching over. They especially look after their own. :)

Much love.

Dawn

Cathy said...

Thanks Bobby.
Cathy

Cathy said...

As usual Gina, Bobby was taking good care of you to make sure you got your correct doses of meds. Like he said in thie posting that Angels are watching over you. I'm glad you get to hear all the wonderful things people are saying about you. I can just hear you saying to everyone "Oh your the best" because thats what you think of everyone. Well thats what we all think of you too girl. You are truly my hero. I don't know of anyone else that has your spunk and courage. Maybe its that red hair. LOL. You know what they say about red heads and spunk don't ya?
Cathy Prusinski

Anonymous said...

Thank God for the doctor and the special nurses giving Gina comfort where ever possible. Praying everyday. Love, Jody, Dave, Riley, and Cami

Maureen said...

thanks for the update and I truly believe angels are watching and are keeping all of you safe... love ya all lots. Bill,Maureen,Brittany and Brett

Kim Smith said...

thanks for the update, its very much appreciated. Im glad to hear she is sleeping and able to relax a bit. She's a fighter and an angel. I'm keeping all you guys in my prayers.

Love. Kim Smith

Matthew Mason said...

Bobby,Gina ,and kids. I don't pray for much anymore,but I do pray for you. I pray and beg God everyday to better the situation,I put it in his hands. I love you guys,and I miss you guys. The kids miss you guys. I hope we can see each other again soon,I love you.
your brother
Matthew

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you Gina... thinking about memories, thinking about how strong you are...thinking about what it must be like for you now... thinking about BOb and the kids... thinking about how many people love you... thinking about why this is happening... just wanted you to know... I was thinking about you.
And PRAYING FOR YOU DAILY!!
~love you all.... Jeanie

Cathy Prusinski said...

Hi Gina:
Thinking about you alot today and wondering whats going on. Wondering if your still resting peacefully? Hoping you are. Praying for you and your family. Feel hugged and loved.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. Gina and Your family are in my prayers. Angels are definitely watching.
Kayne Garrett,
Olivia & Rylee Garrett

Melissa and Family said...

Bob and Gina-First I want to say how blessed we are for having you in our lives. I can only hope that we will have a relationship as rich as yours has been. You truly are an inspiration and your strength is unbelievable. Not a day goes by that you are not in our thoughts and prayers. Let Riley and Bailey know we are here for them and Logan thinks of them often. Thank you for the updates and stay strong.

Love and Prayers
Melissa Weaver and Family

Cathy Prusinski said...

Thinking of you Gina and Bobby and wondering how your doing. Miss you.

Dawn said...

Thinking of ALL.

Wanting peace.
Sending love.
Many Prayers.

Dawn, Erik, & kids