Gina Angela Mason

Gina Angela Mason
My Soulmate

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Gamma Knife on 02/12/2009



Ravenswood Hospital Surgery


Gina and I went to The Neurologic & Orthopedic Hospital of Chicago (formerly Ravenswood) today for the Gamma Knife Radiosurgery



  • Arrived at 0545 am and checked in

  • Started prep for surgery at @ 0630 am

  • Dr Schwartz (Radiologist), Dr Jimenez (Neurologist), and Dr Mkrdichian (Nuerosurgeon) were present for surgery

  • Dr Jimenez attached the metal frame to Gina's head @ 0800 am - keeps her head from moving while the Gamma Knife procedure is performed (See photo above)

  • Gina spoke to Dr Schwartz and Dr Jimenez about procedure and then went for her MRI of the brain at @ 0930 am

  • The Gamma Knife Radiosurgery was done at @ 1100 am and took around five treatments
  • Surgery seemed to go well and I spoke to Dr Schwartz & Dr Jimenez who both said they felt everything went well and it was a difference between 'night & day' as compared to Gamma Knife done in Sept 2007 to mid-brain area
  • The frame was removed and then Gina had a good lunch, and the nurses checked her over and she seemed to be doing good
  • Gina & I went home after released from hospital and back into town around 4 pm
  • The staff were unbelievably AWESOME at Ravenswood - Thanks for all the extra attention and for your outstanding devotion to your work

Doctors orders are to REST, REST, and more REST to Gina. A follow-up with Dr Jimenez in few weeks and Gina continuing the IMRT to mid-brain in town with Dr Schwartz office.

THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND SUPPORT! We owe a lot to all of you for keeping up with our progress and THANK G-O-D for all his healing touch to our beautiful Gina and especially for destroying the tumor in the back of brain today!

Keep you posted - check out links on page for updated info (including Gamma Knife procedure)

9 comments:

Lori said...

Gina-
Great picture!! I am so glad all went well. Be sure and follow doctors orders and rest! We love you and are praying for you.
Lori S.

Deanna and Eddie said...

Gina~ I hope you are feeling ok, get plenty of rest woman you need it! Let us know if you need anything!
Love and prayers
Deanna

Anonymous said...

Of course! You have a bracket on your head and you still manage to look beautiful! Between the prayers and the gamma knife, I think we blasted that damn tumor! That's right and don't come back! ;o)

Anonymous said...

So glad everything went well. I've been thinking about you and praying for you all week!

Love, Jody A.

gina said...

Thank you so much everyone for your support! I'm doing fine, almost done with IMRT radiation to the mid brain, doing chemo, eating way to much because of the steroid, but spring is right around the corner, so I'll walk off the weight then. You ALL mean a lot to me, and I thank God for putting such wonderful people in my life - I truly do and I do it everyday!

I would like to give a "special" thanks to the Bradley Central Wrestling club, your support, and care to my family and especially Riley during all this ordeal has really been wonderful and shouldn't go un-noticed. I'm so proud to be part of such a wonderful organization - and Riley is too. Thank you!

Sorry the picture isn't the greatest, but look we are smiling! Next picture - no head frame, more hair, and more smiles!

You are all remembered in our prayers daily!

Gina

Tatia said...

Gina
Keep smiling you are soo beautiful when you smile and you brighten up everyone around you. I am glad that the gamma knife zapped that bad tumor away. Keep resting and healing. Tatia

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

Christine Richardson said...

Gina Keep smiling you are soo beautiful when you smile and you brighten up everyone around you. I am glad that the gamma knife zapped that bad tumor away. Keep resting and healing. Tatia

Unknown said...

b7d84a4m92 i7j14n5b48 p6c97y0b15 d6z18u0k51 s8b15k1d04 w2j92l3t06