Gina Angela Mason

Gina Angela Mason
My Soulmate

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dr. Sipahi for Chemo Today

11/19/2008

  • Gina saw Dr. Sipahi and his lovely "girls" (staff) that do the wonderful things they do each day to make Gina and everyone else feel special.
  • Dr. Sipahi spoke with Dr, Olopade and they thought Gina should be put on a new chemotherapy drug called NAVELBINE - Gina will get this instead of the Xeloda pills she was taking at 3,000 mg a day, one week on and one week off.
  • Now, Gina will take the Navelbine by IV once a week and it will last around 15 minutes and then another 15 minutes or so for saline to flush out her veins.
  • You can click on the links to right in the Information Station to learn more about Navelbine and how it works in the body - The action of the drug is the Inhibition of Mitosis at cell's metaphase (or, I believe, stopping the cancer cells from growing and/or dividing at cellular level).
  • We will continue with the Herceptin for as long as Gina's heart can tolerate it as it seems to work very well
  • For those of you who did not know Gina is diagnosed at a stage five of cancer so we want to knock this down to a lower number than to a ZERO!
  • As far as the "spot" in the heart that was suspected to be either a tumor or a clot, the doctors say it is the tumor in the lung that grew that is showing up in the scan and Dr. Sipahi is calling it new disease so another reason why they are trying the Navelbine now.
  • No PET scan yet - we are gonna wait until the Navelbine attacks those cancer cells and then do the PET scan (more later)

Thanks for the loving support and all your goodwill!

6 comments:

Maureen said...

hello Gina,Bob,Bailey,Riley,& Jesse, i just wanted to let you all know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. This is just a small set bk and you will get thru this i have faith. We have alot of angels looking out for us and we need Angel Gina here with us to keep us on track. Please let us know if there is anything that you need we are here for you always and are just a phone call away.
Love ya!
Maureen,Bill,Brett& Brittany

Tatia said...

Gina,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are my inspiration and I know that you can get through this minor setback. You are very strong and I know you can do this. Love you Tatia and family

Naomi Bragg said...

Gina,

I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you today. Wish I could give you a hug. :)

Praying for you,
Naomi Bragg

Lori said...

Gina and family,

Hope you all had a peaceful holiday. We continue to keep you all in our prayers. A verse that Zachary left for me on a sticky note on my computer when he left for Basic Training, has come to mean a great deal to me. It is Job 23:10 which says,

"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

I believe Zachary belived this and wanted me to also. I reminded him of this verse in letters I wrote him to help him through BT.

I pray for God's peace and love to surround you.

Love,
Lori S.

Deanna and Eddie said...

Masons~
hope you had a great holiday season, and wishing you the best in 2009.
love ya!
schultz's

Chase said...

Select a supplier that has the capability to deliver faxes to you in various different data formats that are compatible with your existing office software tools. But it turns out it was merely the fax machine that was doomed. For those who are not familiar with online fax, a little explanation is probably needed.