Gina Angela Mason

Gina Angela Mason
My Soulmate

Monday, August 18, 2008

New Chemo Started

Gina's Latest Updates!

  • Gina was unable to finish her last chemo round of Taxotere-Carboplaten-Herceptin due to neurothapy (nerve damage).
  • Gina started new chemo consisting of Xeloda pills and Herceptin IV treatments - still taking the Zometa every six weeks and Procrit every three weeks.
  • Back to see Dr. Olopade and UCMC staff on Monday, August 25th, 2008 to find out how long the new chemo regimen will last.
  • The new Xeolda chemotherapy is two weeks on and one week off - so very tiring and less time in between to rest (*like she rests 8)! )
  • GREAT NEWS ! - with the new Xeloda pills we should all be seeing those lovely locks of hers again! (This chemo does not cause hair loss -- YEAH!)

The next chemo, Herceptin, will be on Tuesday, August 26th, 2008 here at Dr. Sipahi's office -- we just love him and those lovely girls working there.

4 comments:

Jayne Freeman said...

Gina, I wrote you a long note and Google erased it. I really hate Google, but that is not why I am writing you. I do not know what kind of cancer you have, but I have carcinoid cancer which metastasized to my liver. My doctor put me on a low dose of Xeloda daily, no time off, 500 mg, and after nine weeks I had a CT scan yesterday, and MY TUMORS HAVE SHRUNK. My doctor was surprised it had happened so quickly. I hope Xeloda does something wonderful for you, too. At this point I have none of those side effects, but I think side effects are not worth worrying about if the drug works. I am a Catholic and I will pray for you. Jayne Freeman

gina said...

Jayne,

I would like to know more about your terrific and vitorious journey. You are a inspiration! Please drop me an e-mail if you would like at gigimason@comcast.net

Thank you for the prayers, you too will be in mine.

Deanna and Eddie said...

Hope everything went good today at the dr..

gina said...

Thanks Deanna, hope everything is going well for you and Eddie with all you just went through. You have been in my prayers!