Gina Angela Mason

Gina Angela Mason
My Soulmate

Friday, December 21, 2007

Trip to Dr. Sipahi Office

Follow Up with Dr Sipahi from Recent Scans 12/19/07 Check Spelling
  • Met with Dr Sipahi who has really been doing some research on Tykerb and Xoloda.
  • GREAT NEWS!!! Our Christmas prayers have been answered now that the scans showed the brain "tumor" has been reduced by 75%! ) The kidney cancer cell has also been reduced in size! 8)
  • Both the lung and liver have increased in size a little - the liver went from 3.6 to 4.2 cm and the lung went from 3.0 to 3.2 cm (I think it is because we are still early with treatments of Xeloda and Tykerb)
  • Another good note is that the lung is no longer a round mass; but, it appears it has been broken into a "C" shape (probably because it is being attacked with a vengeance by the chemo pills, don't you agree?)
  • Gina also had her Zometa treatment again today ("super glue" for the bones) so she's a bit sore in the joints right now BUT looks as beautiful as the 1st day I laid eyes on her!
  • We are going to continue with the Tykerb, Xoloda and Zometa as we are just starting the 3rd round and are hopeful that it is kicking the @#@! out of those bad cells!
  • We are going back to see Dr Sipahi for blood work on January 10, 2008
  • We are also going back to see Dr Olapade and Dr Knight at the University of Chicago on January 14, 2008 (I will keep you posted)

Take care and keep up those PRAYERS as they are stronger than any medicine!

GOD BLESS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR WARM THOUGHTS, NEVER DWINDLING PRAYERS AND LOVE AND SUPPORT THAT HAVE GOTTEN US THIS FAR!

14 comments:

Deanna and Eddie said...

I am so happy to hear the good news!!!! You are definately kicking the S&!# out of it!!! Never stop BELIEVING!!! miss seeing ya but I am sure that you are busy with the holidays!1 Merry Christmas to you all!!
Love~
Deanna

gina said...

Deanna & Eddie,

THANK YOU for believing in me! We have a lot to be thankful for this Holiday Season, and seeing the love and support from our family and friends is top on our list!

Gina

Tatia said...

Gina,
This is good new. We have faith that the tumors in the lung and the liver will get smaller and then dissappear. Your strength his helping to get the cancer out. Christmas is the time for miracles and you just received one. We will keep praying and thinking of you everyday Love you guys and Merry Christmas.
Tatia and family

gina said...

Tatia,

Your are so right - agian!! I have recieved my Christmas miracle!

The chemo seems to upset my stomach so I just eat more to calm it, at least thats what I'm blaming my weight gain on, and not all the Christmas Cookies I've been eating!

Have a Wonderful Holiday!

Bob, Gina, Jesse, Bailey, & Riley

Deanna and Eddie said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE MASONS!!! HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT DAY! LOVE YA ALL!!
DEANNA, EDDIE, BAILEY ED, KILEY AND JOLEY

katie bates said...

hi gina
i just wanted you to know that we were all thinking of you today- actually we think of you every day, but especially today! here's to the miracles of 2008, my friend!
katie bates

gina said...

Katie,

2008 will be great! Thanks for thinking of us, I miss you and so many of our friends that we haven't seen in a while. Soon the weather will be "softball ready" and we'll be out and about more!

Enjoy your Christmas Vacation ~ and have a New Year full of greatness!

Gina

Retta said...

hey sweetie, I think I got this to work. Thanks for calling to check on Steve! Have a Happy New Year and start planning lunch.(((HUG))) Retta

Maureen said...

That is wonderful news/////I knew you could do it, you are the most amazing person I know and I fully believe that God would not let you down//Just wanted to let you know that you and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers//I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I know 2008 is going to continue to bring wonderful news.
Love Maureen Bill Brett and Brittany

Lori said...

Gina,

I am so thrilled to hear your good news and was so very happy to see you yesterday. We pray for you and your family everyday and I have indeed been praying for a miracle and how awesome is it to be able to be a witness to one? Hang in there-you are so beautiful and have such a beautiful spirit. I pray for God to continue healing you and to provide you comfort and strength. Please call me for lunch and or a movie sometime-I think it is time for a girls outing!!!!

New Year's Blessings to you all!

Love ya!

Lori S.

gina said...

Retta, Maureen, & Lori :)

You guys are making me cry with your inspiring words! Thank you so much!

Bob, the kids, and myself (along with my family) had a wonderful Christmas ~ WE hope ALL of you did too~:)...

I was talking to my sis just a few minutes ago and she is excited to kiss 2007 good-bye, me I'm glad that 2007 brought us (again Bob, the kids, and myself) closer to so many wonderful people.

There is always a rainbow at the end of a storm, pick a color my friends - as you are our rainbow!

God Bless ~ We Love you!

Gina & family

sandy brooks said...

Gina i am soo happy to hear your great news.Your strength is amazing.I miss seeing you. hope you and your family enjoyed the holidays.

sandy

gina said...

Sandy,

Thank you, I miss seeing you too! I hope the kids are enjoying thier Christmas break - Is Jordan ready for Winter Ball??

We wish you, Jeremy, and the kids a wonderful 2008!

Gina :)

Nals102 said...

Hey Gina:
Tomorrow you have a sun shiny happy snappy day ok! But remember that sunshine doesn't even compare to your big bright smile!
Cathy